|A CRASH COURSE SPONSORED BY LOMMEN ABDO TO HELP YOU CHART YOUR COMPANY'S VALUE & MAP OUT WHETHER TO CONVERT YOUR EQUITY INTO CASH OR SAFELY PASS YOUR COMPANY ALONG TO CO-OWNERS OR FAMILY.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2012
Registration & networking from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Seminar runs from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Networking, refreshments & drawings for door prizes to follow!
NO ADMISSION FEE.
ELSIE'S RESTAURANT, BAR & BOWLING CENTER
(A family owned business venue in northeast Minneapolis!)
729 Marshall Street Northeast
Minneapolis, MN 55413
To register, email your name, business name and phone number to Brad Wicklund at email@example.com or call him at 612-336-9325. For more information, contact Bob Abdo at firstname.lastname@example.org or Greg Perleberg at email@example.com.
- Bob Abdo, Stacey DeKalb, Tom Dougherty, Greg Perleberg, Karen Schlotthauer and Dan Young, Lommen Abdo Law Firm (lawyers)
- Sarah Atkins, CavClear (business owner)
- Sean Hauenstein and Dennis Peterson, Copeland Buhl & Company (accountants)
- Frank Fuller, Franklin Bank (bank president)
- Jerry Clark, SealedBid (business intermediary)
||Registration & Networking Hour
Beth Ewen, Upsize Magazine Editor
||Building Value for Sale or Succession
Moderator: Dan Young
Panel: Tom Dougherty, Stacey DeKalb, Greg Perleberg
- What Are Your Key Assets & How Do You Protect Them?
- Choosing Partners Wisely
- Building a Management Infrastructure
- Employees, Consultants & IC: Using Non-Competes, Assignment Clauses & Other Contracts to Protect Your Assets
- Effective Buy/Sell Agreements . . . And Why You Need Them
- Securing Your IP Ownership, Managing IP, Protecting Brand Equity Plus Social Media Issues
- Real Estate & Facilities Considerations
- Tax Elections & Entity Conversion Considerations
- Organic or Strategic Growth Options
||Sale to a Third Party for Maximum Dollars
Moderator: Bob Abdo
Panel: Jerry Clark, Sarah Atkins, Frank Fuller, Dennis Peterson
- True Enterprise Value - How is it Determined?
- What Protection Do You Need Before Sharing Confidential Information?
- Transaction Team - Who & at what cost?
- The Transaction - Financing Structure
- Tax Consideration - Purchase or Sale
- Closing the Deal - Sell-Side & Buy-Side
||Transfer to Co-Owners or Family
Moderator: Tom Dougherty
Panel: Bob Abdo, Sean Hauenstein, Karen Schlotthauer
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Different Classes of Ownership Interests
- Trusts and Foundations
||Thanks! Social hour, networking, refreshments! Drawings for door prizes!
Bob Abdo and Greg Perleberg