Our Products Liability Litigation Practice provides representation for claims involving:
- personal injury and property damage,
- third-party actions,
- subrogation claims,
- contract issues, such as indemnity clauses, and
- insurance coverage disputes.
The attorneys in our Products Liability Litigation Practice are experienced litigators who are able to effectively use alternative dispute resolution options such as mediation and arbitration. Bob King, Reid Lindquist, Tom Jacobson, Stephen Rathke and Barry O'Neil have each been on the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list in the area of litigation. They are also certified civil trial specialists. Valerie Sims has repeatedly been on the Rising Stars list in the area of litigation. Kay Nord Hunt lends her expertise on insurance coverage matters and appellate practice to this team. Ms. Hunt is a member of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers and has also been on the Minnesota Super Lawyers® list in the area of appellate law. Experienced legal assistants provide cost effective support services.
Representative cases include suits that resulted in personal injury or property damage involving:
- a defective ladder resulting in a fall,
- a home oxygen unit which exploded causing a death,
- a defective refrigeration unit resulting in a fire,
- defective safety features and inadequate warnings on industrial sanders,
- employer modification of a trailer hitch,
- drug cases such as vaccine litigation,
- inadequate warnings on paint primers,
- insurance coverage issues in the breast implant litigation,
- neo-natal Cronobacter sakazakii (formerly Enterobacter sakazakii) meningitis from powdered infant formula,
- childrens' products such as car seats and cribs,
- farm equipment, power tools, industrial machines and equipment, and many other equipment-related disputes.
Lommen Abdo has a long, distinguished tradition of leadership in the handling of all types of personal injury and property damage claims. It provides an array of services from no-fault arbitrations to complex products liability trials to appeals in the Minnesota, Wisconsin and federal courts. The firm handles all types of litigation, including contract disputes, environmental claims, and insurance coverage matters. It has provided litigation services for over 50 years.
Lommen Abdo is a Leaders Forum Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America).
We would be pleased to answer any questions you may have about teh services of our Products Liability attorneys. Any questions may be directed to:
Bob King at 612-336-9348 or email@example.com
Tom Jacobson at 715-381-7106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or any of the attorneys in this practice area pictured below.
Lommen Abdo Files Suit Against Distributor of Defective Hip Replacement System: Three Midwest Patients Suffer Injuries Due to Defective Components - A lawsuit was filed today in the Minnesota First District Court in Carver County on behalf of three plaintiffs who are claiming injuries resulting from a defective hip replacement system. The suit alleges that Simpson & Associates of Chanhassen aggressively marketed, distributed and sold the DePuy ASR hip replacement system, which was recalled in August 2010. The suit filed by Lommen Abdo in Minnesota was filed in coordination with law firms Maglio Christopher & Toale, P.A., Sarasota, and the Nash & Franciskato Law Firm, Kansas City. Lommen Abdo and the other firms are representing plaintiffs in Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota.
Bob King has authored an article about issues faced in personal injury cases: "Comparative Fault in a Crashworthiness Case."