Jason Engkjer spoke at the National Forum on Defending and Managing Trucking Litigation, American Conference Institute (ACI) in March of 2016 on “The Future of Owner-Operator Agreements and the Classification of Truck Drivers.”
- Understanding the history of Owner-Operator Agreements.
- Taking the pulse of Federal authorities—updates on the positions, statements, guidelines, and actions of the Department of Labor (DOL), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Discussing the DOL and IRS Memo of Understanding:
- Recognizing what prompted it;
- Understanding what effect it has had;
- Highlighting notable investigations;
- Reviewing the hot cases of the year;
- Discussing major “misclassification” class actions;
- Looking at how have federal and state courts, nationwide, treated the independent contractors versus employee distinction.
- Jason E. Engkjer
- Doug Grawe, General Counsel, The Dart Network
- Daniel C. Sullivan, Partner, Sullivan Hincks & Conway