Cameron Kelly spoke on February 13, 2018 at an NBI webcast, Estate Planning from A to Z. Cameron presented on two topics, “Basic Tax Planning” and “Trusts 101.”
Grow a Successful Estate Planning Practice
Are you ready to grow your own successful estate planning practice or looking for a practical refresher? This program will become your go-to guide. From client intake through will, trust and tax planning, you will receive tips, sample forms and answers to your most pressing questions to help you excel. Gain insight on everyday issues estate planning attorneys face – register today!
- Learn how to clarify client goals and develop a sound estate planning strategy.
- Get practical will and trust drafting skills to speed up the process and give the testator’s last wishes power.
- Explore the functions and mechanics of major trust structures – and make certain you choose the right tool for each job.
- Walk through the basics of tax planning with simple and useful tips.
- Give each provision full power with precise word choices – get sample forms to speed up the process.
- Help your clients make the tough medical decisions regarding long-term care, end-of-life and organ donation.
- Stave off conflicts of interest with a clear determination of who your client is from the start.
Basic Tax Planning
- Estate Tax Update
- Step-Up Basis of Various Assets
- Gift Tax and Exclusions
- Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax
- Planning for the Final Income Tax Return
- Trust Taxation Basics
- Disclaimer Trusts
- Crummey Powers and the IRS
- Typical Creditors and How to Deal with Them
- Simple Tips for Minimizing Tax Burden
- Tax Treatment of Trusts
- Types, Goals and Functions of Trusts
- Major Laws Governing Trust Creation and Administration
- Who Are the Main Parties? Their Duties and Responsibilities to a Trust
- Revocable vs. Irrevocable
- Choosing Trust Situs
- Trust Funding Basics