Marc Johannsen has been elected president of Lommen Abdo. Marc has been with the firm since 1991 and practices in the area of family law. Newly elected members of the board include Kathleen Loucks, Mike Glover and Keith Broady. Barry O’Neil and Bryan Feldhaus were each re-elected for a second term. Here’s a snippet about each:
- Marc Johannsen was elected president of Lommen Abdo in June. He practices in the area of family law, including divorce, business valuation issues, custody disputes, parenting time, child support and spousal maintenance, paternity actions, adoption and grandparent rights. Marc practices in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. He was Mayor of Vadnais Heights from 2011 to 2016 and Acting Mayor from 1998 to 2011. He recently was recognized by the Northern Star Council of the Boy Scouts of America for his volunteer work and awarded the nomination-only Silver Beaver Award.
- Kathleen Loucks is a new member of the firm’s board of directors. Kathleen practices in legal malpractice defense, plaintiff’s medical malpractice, vaccine injury law and construction litigation. She, too, is admitted in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. Kathleen and co-counsel successfully obtained a $1 million verdict for the plaintiff in a 2015 organ transplant case. She received a Client Satisfaction 10 Best Female Attorneys Award by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys in 2016 and 2017.
- Mike Glover is also a new member of Lommen Abdo’s board of directors. Mike practices in transportation law (both transactional and litigation), employment and creditors’ rights. He counsels users and providers of transportation services on interaction with governmental regulators, enforcement officials and other stakeholders including large shippers, insurers, and fulfilment providers. Mike serves on the Automated Vehicles Task Force Committee, a cross discipline Minnesota Trucking Association committee exploring the issues facing MTA members, and the trucking industry in general. He is also a board member of the MTA.
- Keith Broady was elected to the board after serving his second two-year term as president of Lommen Abdo. He represents clients in both litigation and transactional matters. His commercial litigation practice focuses on real estate, professional liability and legal malpractice defense, shareholder disputes, trade secret claims, alter ego and successor liability, fraudulent transfers, probate and trust disputes, insurance coverage and claims. His transactions practice involves the purchase, sale, leasing, financing and development of real estate; resolving title issues; mergers and acquisitions; contracts.
- Bryan Feldhaus was elected to a second two-year term on the board. Bryan enjoys providing clients with counsel to protect and enforce their interests in business litigation, shareholder/partnership litigation, insurance coverage disputes, professional negligence matters and intellectual property litigation. He also works on appellate matters in the Minnesota Court of Appeals, Minnesota Supreme Court and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. A growing area of his practice is as compliance counsel. Bryan obtained an LL.M. degree in Corporate Compliance and Organizational Ethics from the University of St. Thomas School of Law.
- Barry O’Neil was elected to a second two-year term on the board. He is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the MSBA and is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America©. He represents professionals in malpractice claims with an emphasis in legal malpractice. Barry’s practice also involves the resolution of complex commercial disputes, employment-related issues and insurance claims. He is an experienced commercial litigator in areas such as contract, shareholder, partnership and business competition disputes. Barry is the practice group manager of Lommen Abdo’s Litigation Practice Group.