The business operations team provides a full range of legal services to businesses, large and small. Members of our Business Law group include attorneys who are on the Super Lawyers list, and the top mergers and acquisitions attorney in Minnesota.
Areas of expertise:
- Formation of entities
- Buy/sell agreements
- Tax planning, tax policy and tax disputes
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate financing and venture capital
- Commercial contracts
- Dissolution and workouts
- Commercial and residential real estate
- Estate and business succession planning
- Compensation and employee benefits
- Regulatory compliance assistance
- Personnel and human resource counseling
- Employment and non-compete agreements
- Advice on workers’ compensation-related matters
Lommen Abdo’s business operations attorneys assist clients in determining whether they should operate as a closely held business, limited liability company, partnership or corporation. We then provide proper and timely formation of the chosen entity, preparation of contracts and agreements, obtain financing and assist with employee issues. Much of Lommen Abdo’s business operations practice consists of transactional work on mergers and acquisitions, buy-outs and the purchase and sale of business interests. Our goal is to provide timely, cost-efficient services regardless of the size of the transaction. We negotiate and document transactions of all types. We can provide counsel with respect to governance issues, management and shareholder issues, tax planning and real estate matters.
- Lommen Abdo Law Firm is great to work with, easy to contact and reasonable in price.
- Lommen Abdo has consistently responded timely and effectively.
- I felt I was putting my confidence in a very trusted friend with the Lommen Abdo Law Firm.
- Lommen, Abdo has created a strong network to deal with a large number of subject matters. As a small company with sales internationally, it helps to have a quick reference to multiple legal experts.
- Lommen Abdo is the perfect firm for a small medical device startup company like ours. Their broad expertise in general corporate law has been invaluable in fund raising, legal agreements, vendor relationships, customer contracts, intellectual property, and management and board guidance. They are very responsive and a key partner in our business.
It is important that both private and public companies review and make changes in their corporate governance structure and practices, their system of internal controls, their approach to financial reporting and their corporate culture to comply with local state and federal regulations. Lommen Abdo can provide advice and assistance in all these areas.