Craft breweries are booming in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Distilleries and wineries are also on the rise. The food industry remains highly competitive in our region. Success in these industries requires good business acumen paired with a good beverage and/or tasty food.
At Lommen Abdo, we use our experience, expertise and practical business sense to help clients in these industries protect and grow their brands. Our attorneys know how to navigate the tangled web of compliance and business operations issues to achieve business goals while managing regulatory and litigation risks.
Areas of expertise:
- Choice of entity and entity formation
- Financing and tax matters
- Real estate, such as the purchase or lease of a facility
- Labeling and advertising considerations
- Trademark and other intellectual property protection
- Distribution contract review
- Employment contracts
- Licensing issues
- Other general counsel issues
- Enforcement actions before regulators
The firm represents a wide variety of clients in the hospitality industry, including hotels, restaurants, craft breweries, distilleries, wineries and recreation venues, such as nightclubs and bowling alleys. Our clients in this area are some of the most noteworthy and popular establishments in the region, including Barkers Bar & Grill, Nicollet Island Inn and San Pedro Café.