The appellate advocate can make more objective decisions than the family law attorney about which facts are most beneficial, which issues were best preserved for appeal, and which issues present the best avenues for appeal. The best appellate lawyers understand how appellate judges think, they know the standards of review, and they can focus on making the appeal as persuasive as possible. Our appellate attorneys handle appeals for our clients as well as appeals on cases initiated by other firms. Lommen Abdo associates with other counsel across the country on a pro hac vice basis to provide assistance with appeals.
Areas of expertise:
- Prepare or respond to motions to exclude expert testimony
- Prepare motions related to contempt, sanctions and post-trial issues
- Monitor trials to preserve issues on appeal
- Prepare trial briefs
- Handle mandamus or interlocutory appeals
- Appeal decisions to the appellate courts in Minnesota and Wisconsin
We represent clients throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul Twin Cities region and the St. Croix River Valley including Edina, White Bear Lake, Stillwater, Plymouth, Roseville, Oakdale, Wayzata, Hudson, River Falls, Marine on St. Croix and New Richmond.