An important and essential consideration for any company’s intellectual property portfolio is trade secret identification, analysis and protection. Under the law of most states, “trade secrets” can include information, formulas, programs, devices and processes that are not publicly known and have value because of their secrecy. While trade secrets generally involve inventions or technology, trade secrets can also include important business information (such as customer lists and financial information) that should be protected. Our intellectual property attorneys have significant experience helping companies protect this valuable asset.
Area of expertise:
- Trade secret identification and evaluation
- Trademark protection and development programs, including training of client personnel
- Trade secret enforcement and disputes, including sending and responding to cease and desist letters
- Nondisclosure/confidentiality agreements with employees
- Nondisclosure/confidentiality agreements with outside entities
- Trade secret misappropriation litigation
- Trade secret management and employee mobility
- Licenses and other transactions involving trade secrets
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the services of our attorneys handling trade secret matters.