Experience. When it comes to defending legal malpractice lawsuits, accounting malpractice claims or ethics complaints, Lommen Abdo’s experience in the upper Midwest is unsurpassed. For over 40 years, Lommen has aggressively represented its professional liability clients, including attorneys, accountants, medical providers, hospitals, insurance agents and other professionals in Minnesota and Wisconsin in the following matters:
- Professional negligence disputes
- Legal malpractice litigation
- Accounting malpractice actions
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Ethics and disciplinary investigations and proceedings
- Directors and officers liability claims
- Professional licensing disputes
- Insurance coverage disputes
Moreover, Lommen is adept at representing professional liability clients in various forums, including trials, appeals, ethics investigations, disciplinary proceedings and arbitrations.
Professional liability clients and experts speak highly of our professional liability skills:
- Lommen Abdo attorneys have the ability to cut to the heart of the legal malpractice case, resulting in precise, creative and effective resolution strategies. They “get it,” whereas many in this field simply don’t. They are a huge asset in the defense of lawyers nationwide.
- Very few firms aside from Lommen Abdo have such an excellent command of this area of the law.
- Lommen Abdo is one of the best. Very creative problem solvers.
- Lommen Abdo is a tremendous firm for handling legal malpractice defense. The lawyers get great results at a fair price. They have an unmatched knowledge and expertise in the field.
- Phillip Cole is an aggressive, extremely effective advocate. He is extremely well-versed in this area of law.
- Lommen Abdo is extremely knowledgeable and effective in defending legal malpractice cases.
- Phillip Cole is an excellent defense lawyer.
- Lommen Abdo Law Firm is an outstanding law firm for the defense of legal malpractice actions.
- Lommen Abdo Law Firm is an excellent professional liability defense firm. They can handle extremely complex matters and do a fine job on complex coverage issues.
- I was engaged by Lommen Abdo Law Firm to serve as an expert witness for the defense in a legal malpractice action. The principal attorney handling the defense of the action was Phillip Cole. Mr. Cole is a highly competent attorney who represented his client with great skill and achieved an excellent result. He demonstrated a thorough understanding of both malpractice law and the highly technical area of real estate law that was at issue in the case.
Lommen Abdo’s professional liability team is anchored by Barry O’Neil, who is certified as a civil trial specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. Kathleen Loucks is also certified as civil trial specialists by the Minnesota State Bar Association. Mike Moline is certified as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Attorneys and as a civil trial specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association.
Additionally, many of Lommen Abdo’s professional liability attorneys have been recognized as Minnesota Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, including Keith Broady, Barry O’Neil, Mike Moline, Bryan Feldhaus, Lauren Nuffort and Kay Nord Hunt, who is the chair of Lommen Abdo’s Appellate and Insurance Coverage Section, and who lends her appellate experience to professional liability and ethics matters.
Finally, Bryan Feldhaus recently obtained an LL.M. degree in Organizational Ethics & Compliance, which allows him to advise professional liability clients about internal compliance and ethics strategies and represent clients in internal investigations, ethics inquiries and disciplinary proceedings and disputes.