Bob Abdo is admitted to practice in Minnesota state and federal courts and United States Supreme Court.
Bob Abdo is Executive Vice President of Lommen Abdo Law Firm and chair of the Business, Estate Planning and Real Estate Group. He brings a wide variety of background and experience, giving him a practical and substantive perspective to advise clients. He acts as general outside counsel to a variety of businesses. Bob represents start-up, emerging and growing private and publicly held businesses. He provides legal, transactional, estate and family planning, business strategy and long-term planning, counseling and advice to varied businesses, organizations and individuals. His practice consists of securities, real estate, estate planning and business and corporate law matters, including entity formation and related agreements, private and public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, employment, deferred compensation plans, Collateral and Endorsement Split Dollar Insurance Agreements, 457(f) Plans, contracts, venture and other financing.
- Lommen Abdo Law Firm has always had a fair-minded philosophy that is focused on a mutually amenable outcome that satisfies both parties. Bob Abdo is very business-minded and always approaches discussions with the overall business impact in mind. He provides a big picture outlook while paying close attention to pertinent details.
- Bob Abdo at Lommen Abdo Law Firm is my main guy. He handles everything fabulously.
- I have been working with Robert Abdo at the Lommen Abdo Law Firm for the past 20 years. Their expertise and the time it takes to provide documents for my clients is outstanding! I highly recommend Robert!
Bob is rated AV Preeminent® for the highest level of professional excellence by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been included on the Minnesota Super Lawyer lists in the categories of Small & Privately Held Business Law, General Business and Business/Corporate. He is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© for his work in the practice area of Entertainment Law – Music. He is one of America’s Most Honored Lawyers for 2020 by The American Registry.
He is involved in community affairs including as former trustee and six term mayor of the City of Minnetonka Beach, President of the Minneapolis Athletic Club and President of Lafayette Club. He has been a member and/or chair of many community and private committees, commissions and boards. He was a First Lieutenant, USAR and Chief Finance Officer and Assistant Personnel Officer of the 5501 U.S. Army Hospital unit.
- Edina State Bank v. Mr. Steak, Inc., et al., 487 F2d 640 (10th Cir 1974), Cert Denied 419 US 883, 95 S Ct 150, 42 L Ed 2d 123
University of Minnesota, B.A., 1967
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1970
U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1973
U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
U.S. Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit, 1981
Lafayette Club, Board of Directors, 1991 to 1994, 2003 to 2009; President, 2007 to 2008; Member of Executive Committee; past Treasurer and Chair, Finance Committee
City of the Village of Minnetonka Beach:
- Trustee, 1987 to 1989; Mayor, 1989 to 1995
- Dakota Rail Corridor Task Force, Member, 2002 to 2006; Chair, 2002 to 2006
- Long Range Planning Committee, Member, 1988 to present; Chair, 1995
- Park Commission, Member 1989 to 1990
- Comprehensive Plan Committee, 1990 to present
Minneapolis Athletic Club, Board Member; President, 1990 to 1991; Vice President, Secretary and Chair of its House Committee
Lake Minnetonka Conservation District Intergovernmental Committee, Member 1988 to 1990
First Lieutenant MSC USAR, 1971 to 1974, Chief Finance Officer, Assistant Personnel Officer, 5501 U.S. Army Hospital
U.S. Army Reserve, Medic, 5501 U.S. Army Hospital, 1968 to 1971
Hennepin County, Minnesota State, Federal and American Bar Associations
Hennepin County Bar Association’s Ethics Committee, Past Member
Minnesota State Bar Association Board of Governors, Former Alternate